Request for Identity Cards for Diplomats, UN Agencies and Honorary Consuls
- Protocol Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issues identification cards to resident home based staff and their spouses (Diplomatic, non-Diplomatic, Foreign Experts, UN personnel & Honorary Consuls)
- The applications should be made together with two photographs (25mm with x 37mm) in a red background, with photocopies of the photo-page and the visa pages (entry and residence visa) of his or her passport.
- The Head of Mission or an authorized officer of the Mission should certify the application with the official stamp of the Mission.
- A Police Report should be obtained immediately upon loss of any Identity Card issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. A new Identity Card will be issued only after one month from the date of receipt of the Police Report.
- For renewal of an Identity Card, the current one should be returned along with the duly filled application. (Following the procedure explained at 2 and 3).
- Identity Cards for successor and his or her spouse will be issued only after the return of the Identity Cards of the predecessor and the spouse to the Protocol Division on completion of the tour of duty at the Mission.
- When applying Identity Cards, the applicant should have valid visa for period of six month ahead.
- Identity Card may issue within 15 working days.
Note: The Ministry will issue a diplomatic ID card to Non Resident Head of Mission accredited to Sri Lanka on Reciprocal basis.
The last date of the submission of completed documents will be considered as the submission.
Tel : +94112327048 /+94772267939
Fax : 0112325346
Email : email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline : +94772282725(After office hours and Public holidays)
Web : www.mfa.gov.lk
Application for Identity Cards for Honorary Consuls
Application for Identity Cards for Honorary Consuls(02)
Application for Identity Cards for Diplomatic and Non-Diplomatic Staff UN Personnel and Foreign Experts
Application for Identity Cards for Diplomatic and Non-Diplomatic Staff UN Personnel and Foreign Experts-(form no.02)