The objective of the Internal Audit and Investigation Division is to provide the Ministry with a systematic and disciplined audit approach in order to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal control and corporate governance.
Key activities of the Division include:
- The evaluation of the reliability and effectiveness of financial and internal control systems of the Ministry and recommendations for implementation;
- The review of the level of compliance with existing policies, laws, regulations and directives;
- Ascertaining whether the activities of the Ministry are carried out in a prudent, efficient and effective manner;
- Ascertaining whether all assets and interests of the Ministry are safeguarded against losses and fraud;
- Providing guidance and recommendations on matters related to internal control system;
- Conducting internal audit inspections of Sri Lankan Missions abroad; and
- Conducting investigations whenever necessary.
Address: 9th Floor, Ceylinco Building, Janadhipathi Mawatha, Colombo 01.
KEY POINTS OF CONTACT
Name: Mr. K. P. N. Perera
Designation: Head of Branch
Telephone : +94 112 334 319