- The first session of Political Consultations between Sri Lanka and the State of Pales...
- The Sixth Session of the Senior Officials’ Meeting of the Partnership Forum betw...
- Mr. Sergey Kapinos, Regional Representative for South Asia of the United Nations O...
- Sri Lanka is shocked by the terrorist attack at the British Parliament yesterday, 22 ...
Statements to Parliament
- Statement made by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, on 24th June 2015 in Response to Hon. Nimal Siripala De Silva
- (Statement in Sinhala)
- (Statement in Tamil)
- Statement made by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs on 12th June 2015 in Response to the Question by Opposition Leader Hon. Nimal Siripala De Silva under the Standing Order 23/2 of Parliament.
- (Statement in Sinhala)
- (Statement in Tamil)
- Foreign Minister speaks regarding the amendments made to the United Nations Regulations 1 and 2 of 2012 promulgated under the United Nations Act number 45 of 1968. (in English)
Minister Peiris Congratulates New US Secretary of State
His Excellency John Kerry
Secretary of State
United States of America
I wish to extend my warm congratulations to Your Excellency, on your appointment as the Secretary of State of the United States of America. You bring to your office the wisdom and experience gained during a long and distinguished political and professional career. I am confident that your pragmatic outlook, particularly having been the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, will stand in good stead in steering the foreign relations of your country in these challenging times.
Minister Peiris calls on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
Minister of External Affairs Prof. GL Peiris who is currently in New Delhi in connection with the 8th Session of the India-Sri Lanka Joint Commission called on Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 23 January. Minister Peiris conveyed the greetings of President Mahinda Rajapaksa to Prime Minister Singh. Recalling President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s recent visit to India in September 2012, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh requested Minister Peiris to convey his warm personal regards to the President and assured Minister Peiris that India’s cooperation with Sri Lanka in all sectors is accorded highest priority.
- India - Sri Lanka Joint Press Statement
- Deputy Minister Neomal Perera in Delhi calls upon non-Commonwealth countries to participate in the Commonwealth Business Forum in Colombo
- President Rajapaksa and the Government deplores the beheading of Miss Rizana Nafeek
- Sri Lankan seaman in the hijacked vessel “Orana” by Somali pirates released
- Sri Lanka and Canada to work together against Human Smuggling
- Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and the Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Joint Communiqué Between The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- "Visit Sri Lanka" Roadshow in Australia
Page 302 of 315
The Beijing based prestigious news magazine “Home and Abroad News Press” selects outstanding personalities that appeared in mainstream media to recognize their contribution in promoting global harmonious development in various fields. The “The News Person of the Year Award” is a special...Read More...
Sinhala Hindu New Year Festival was celebrated at the premises of Sri Lanka Embassy in Beijing on 16th of April 2017 with over 275 participants including Sri Lankans, Chinese and other countries. The celebration was co-organized by the Embassy and China – Sri Lanka Youth Forum. H.E....Read More...
The Korea Importers’ Association (KOIMA) with the support of the Sri Lanka Embassy in the Republic of Korea launched the KOIMA Trade Promotion Partners Committee (TPPC) of Sri Lanka on Tuesday 18th April 2017 at the Sri Lanka Embassy in Seoul. The CEOs of five Korean companies, i.e., CAC Trading...Read More...
Following the landmark deal by Hilton to manage six more hotels in Sri Lanka, senior management of the Hilton met visiting Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake in Washington D.C. on the sidelines of the ongoing World Bank and IMF meetings. Senior Vice President of Hilton Jonas Neihardt met with Minister...Read More...
Minister of Finance Ravi Karunanayake speaking at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce highlighted prospects for increasing bilateral trade and U.S. investment in Sri Lanka at a breakfast roundtable meeting hosted by the US Chamber of Commerce. ÂÂ Minister Karunanayake was in Washington leading Sri Lanka...Read More...
- Sri Lankan Ambassador Among “The News Persons of the Year” Awards in China
- Sri Lankans in Beijing celebrates “Sinhala-Hindu New Year Festival”
- Korea Importers’ Association and Sri Lanka Embassy launch KOIMA Trade Promotion Partners Committee of Sri Lanka in Seoul
- HILTON HOTELS EXPAND FOOTPRINTS IN SRI LANKA
- Finance Minister highlights potential for increased Sri Lanka - U.S. bilateral trade
News From Other Media
Thumbs up for trade!
Monday 17th October 2016 Companies from Australia, France, Thailand, Switzerland, Pakistan and India had expressed interest in investing and starting joint ventures with Sri Lankan companies at the conclusion of the World Export Development Forum (WEDF) yesterday, which gave special focus to SMEs and fostering direct engagement between businesses, officials said yesterday. The companies focused on several sectors including apparel, organic coconuts and spices, hotel building and business process outsourcing. These were the concrete engagements that were announced by the International Trade Centre (ITC) that was the main organiser of WEDF. ITC will track the gains made from the forum...Read More...
SheTrades rings message of entrepreneurship
Monday 17th October 2016 A bell ringing ceremony was held at Colombo Stock Exchange yesterday to raise awareness about International Trade Centre’s (ITC) ‘SheTrades’ initiative, which seeks to connect one million women entrepreneurs to markets by 2020. The event was held in parallel with the World Export Development Forum (WEDF), organised by ITC in collaboration with Sri Lanka Export Development Board. Through the ‘SheTrades’ initiative, women entrepreneurs will have the ability to share information about their companies, to make them visible, expand networks, connect and internationalise. Speaking at the event, ITC Executive Director Arancha González said that women...Read More...
IFFC to rejuvenate Lankan cinema
Tuesday, 13th October 2015 By Channa Bandara Wijekoon The stage is set for the second edition of the International Film Festival of Colombo (IFFC) to be held. The very first media briefing of the six-day gala event was held at Hilton amid the media, cinema fraternity and respective officials.Read More...
Film Festival: International Film Festival of Colombo 2015:
Sunday Observer: Sunday 11 October 2015 The promise of enlightenmentRead More...
Spotlight on Sri Lanka — 10th Annual Seattle South Asian Film Festival
Arts & Entertainment, At the Movies, Features, Profiles, Vol 34 No 42 | 10/10-10/16 By Andrew Hamlin Northwest Asian Weekly Scene from “With You, Without You” The 10th Annual Seattle South Asian Film Festival (SSAFF), opening on October 15th, showcases Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon), an island country near southeast India.Read More...