Statements to Parliament
- Statement made by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, on 24th June 2015 in Response to Hon. Nimal Siripala De Silva
- (Statement in Sinhala)
- (Statement in Tamil)
- Statement made by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs on 12th June 2015 in Response to the Question by Opposition Leader Hon. Nimal Siripala De Silva under the Standing Order 23/2 of Parliament.
- (Statement in Sinhala)
- (Statement in Tamil)
- Foreign Minister speaks regarding the amendments made to the United Nations Regulations 1 and 2 of 2012 promulgated under the United Nations Act number 45 of 1968. (in English)
Remarks by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at the Bandaranaike International Diplomatic Training Institute Convocation Ceremony
Sri Lanka opens a Resident Mission in Ethiopia
First Session of Sri Lanka – Philippines Political Consultations concludes in Colombo
The first round of Sri Lanka – Philippines Political Consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the two countries concluded on 21st November 2016 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Colombo. Sri Lanka and the Philippines signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on 3 February this year to hold political consultations between the two Ministries of Foreign Affairs, aimed at deepening cooperation between the two countries. The dialogue coincides with the commemoration of the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries this year.
- Statement by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP22) in Marrakesh
- President and Prime Minister congratulate President-elect of the United States of America
- Remarks by Deputy Foreign Minister Dr. Harsha de Silva at Regional Consultations on Transitional Justice in Asia-Pacific
- UK Minister of State for the Commonwealth & UN Baroness Anelay calls on Foreign Minister Samaraweera
- Joint Press Release: Ministerial level talks on fishermen issues between India and Sri Lanka
- Remarks by Deputy Foreign Minister Dr. Harsha de Silva at the Australia Awards Reception
- “Sri Lanka wishes to see the Indian Ocean Rim Association move into a new era of dynamism”- Foreign Minister Samaraweera
- Statement by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at the IORA Ministerial Meeting: 27th October 2016
Page 10 of 202
Ambassador of Sri Lanka in Brazil General Jagath Jayasuriya, concurrently accredited to Colombia presented his credentials to His Excellency Juan Manuel Santos Calderón, President of Colombia at the president´s palace in Bogota on 16th February 2017. At the Presentation of...Read More...
(Ambassador Tilak Ranaviraja with Ms. Swarna Mallawarachchi, Mr. Prsanna Vithanage, Mr. Vimukthi Jayasundara and Organizer of the Film Festival) Embassy of Sri Lanka in Paris participated in the 23 Edition of the Vesoul Asian Film Festival which was held from 07 – 14 February 2017 in Vesoul, France....Read More...
The Embassy of Sri Lanka in Stockholm together with the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau participated at the “Tourest - 2017”, the Estonian Travel Fair which was held in Tallinn, Estonia on 10th, 11th and 12th February 2017. This is the first time Sri Lanka participated at this Travel show and...Read More...
Minister of Education of Sri Lanka Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, visited Mumbai, to deliver the keynote speech at the World CSR Day held from 17-18 February 2017. Over 1000 professionals from 130 countries congregated with the objective of providing a platform to the corporate, government, civil...Read More...
Forty seven Sri Lankan companies, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau and Sri Lankan Airlines participated at the South Asia Travel & Tourism Exchange (SATTE) 2017 which is one of the largest travel and tourism exhibitions held in India. Galadari Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Kingsbury Hotel, Jet Wing Travels...Read More...
- AMBASSADOR GENERAL JAGATH JAYASURIYA PRESENTED CREDENTIALS TO H.E. THE PRESIDENT OF COLOMBIA ON 16TH FEBRUARY 2017
- Sri Lankan Cinema celebrated at the Vesoul Asian Film Festival 2017
- Sri Lanka participates at the “Tourest – 2017” Estonian Travel Fair in Tallinn, Estonia
- Visit of Hon. Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, Minister of Education of Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Participates at the South Asia Travel & Tourism Exchange (SATTE) Travel Exhibition in New Delhi, India
News From Other Media
Thumbs up for trade!
Monday 17th October 2016 Companies from Australia, France, Thailand, Switzerland, Pakistan and India had expressed interest in investing and starting joint ventures with Sri Lankan companies at the conclusion of the World Export Development Forum (WEDF) yesterday, which gave special focus to SMEs and fostering direct engagement between businesses, officials said yesterday. The companies focused on several sectors including apparel, organic coconuts and spices, hotel building and business process outsourcing. These were the concrete engagements that were announced by the International Trade Centre (ITC) that was the main organiser of WEDF. ITC will track the gains made from the forum...Read More...
SheTrades rings message of entrepreneurship
Monday 17th October 2016 A bell ringing ceremony was held at Colombo Stock Exchange yesterday to raise awareness about International Trade Centre’s (ITC) ‘SheTrades’ initiative, which seeks to connect one million women entrepreneurs to markets by 2020. The event was held in parallel with the World Export Development Forum (WEDF), organised by ITC in collaboration with Sri Lanka Export Development Board. Through the ‘SheTrades’ initiative, women entrepreneurs will have the ability to share information about their companies, to make them visible, expand networks, connect and internationalise. Speaking at the event, ITC Executive Director Arancha González said that women...Read More...
Nature comes to life on park safari
Saturday, 12th March 2016 By Ben Lerwill ( China Daily ) The Galle Clock Tower. [Photo by Ben Lerwill/China Daily] Spoiler alert: I didn't see any leopards. There. I've said it. I'd come on safari to Yala, the SriLankan national park renowned for having the world's highest concentration of leopards, butdespite spending upward of 10 hours rumbling through the park's forests and grasslands in ajeep, I didn't see a single spotted big cat. Not a tail. Not a whisker. You'd think at least one ofthe creatures might have sensed a nice photo opportunity and padded into a clearing for afew seconds. No. Leopards are many things, I learned, but they're not marketing-savvy....Read More...
IFFC to rejuvenate Lankan cinema
Tuesday, 13th October 2015 By Channa Bandara Wijekoon The stage is set for the second edition of the International Film Festival of Colombo (IFFC) to be held. The very first media briefing of the six-day gala event was held at Hilton amid the media, cinema fraternity and respective officials.Read More...
Film Festival: International Film Festival of Colombo 2015:
Sunday Observer: Sunday 11 October 2015 The promise of enlightenmentRead More...