East Asia and Pacific Division
East Asia and Pacific Division deals with bilateral and regional relations with 30 countries in the East Asia and Pacific Region, with whom Sri Lanka has established diplomatic ties. It focuses on political matters, tourism, investment and trade, employment opportunities, development assistance, technical cooperation, defense and security, scholarships and people to people contacts including cultural exchange.
The Government of Sri Lanka has established 11 resident missions and 04 consulates in the region.
- Co-ordination of bilateral visits of President, Prime Minister, Speaker, Foreign Minister, other Cabinet Ministers, MPs and Senior Officials.
- Arrangements for visits of foreign dignitaries to Sri Lanka.
- Follow-up and coordination activities of political, economic, education, scientific and cultural developments.
- Coordination of work between the parliament of Sri Lanka and counterparts in the region.
- Coordination in formulating and signing of Bilateral Agreements/ MOUs on political, economic, science & technology, education and cultural spheres.
- Coordination of ASEAN Regional Forum, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, Bali Process activities including attending to both logistical and substantive issues for Summits and other related meetings.
- Coordination of substantive and logistical arrangements for the Shangri-La Dialogue and Bali Democracy Forum.
- Coordination of scholarship programmes.
- Processing of political reports from missions abroad.
- Preparation of briefs for visits and conferences pertaining to the region.
- Monitoring travel advisories issued by countries covered under the purview of this Division.
- Provide advice and necessary guidelines /information to Sri Lanka missions in the region.
This division is currently headed by Actg. Director General Mr. O.L. Ameer Ajwad.
Telephone : 0094 11 2 423 900
Fax : 0094 11 2 446 091