Statements to Parliament
- Statement made by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, on 24th June 2015 in Response to Hon. Nimal Siripala De Silva
- (Statement in Sinhala)
- (Statement in Tamil)
- Statement made by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs on 12th June 2015 in Response to the Question by Opposition Leader Hon. Nimal Siripala De Silva under the Standing Order 23/2 of Parliament.
- (Statement in Sinhala)
- (Statement in Tamil)
- Foreign Minister speaks regarding the amendments made to the United Nations Regulations 1 and 2 of 2012 promulgated under the United Nations Act number 45 of 1968. (in English)
Press Conference by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera: 25 October 2016
UNICEF country representative presents credentials to Foreign Minister
Mr. Timothy Sutton, the new country representative for UNICEF in Sri Lanka, presented his credentials to Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today,
- Remarks by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at 71st United Nations Day
- Indian Foreign Secretary Dr. S. Jaishankar calls on Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera
- Remarks by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at Launch of Civil Society Network Joint Alternative Report to the Committee Against Torture
- Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera congratulates UN Secretary-General designate Antonio Guterres
- Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera meets 14 member German Business delegation
- Statement made by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera in Parliament on SAARC: 7 October 2016
- Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera at the India Economic Summit
- Joint Statement by New Zealand and Sri Lanka on the Occasion of the Official Visit to New Zealand by the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka: 1-3 October 2016
Page 1 of 284
SIAL Paris, 2016 one of the largest consumer Fairs in Europe, convened in France from 16thto 20thOctober 2016, attracted a large number of exporters from Sri Lankan prompting them to seek a wider market for their products mainly in the West.More than6,500 French and international exhibitorsfrom 105 countries...Read More...
A - 13 member high level business delegation from the Chamber of Young Lankan Entrepreneurs ( COYLE ) led by its President Kasun Rajapaksa, visited Cuba from 17th – 20th October 2016 on a business promotion and goodwill mission which was the first of its kind by a Sri Lankan Chamber delegation to...Read More...
Swiss Nationals and the young generation of Sri Lankan expatriates were able to explore the finest corners of culture and trade of Sri Lanka on Swiss soil after several decades at a three day event organized by Mr. Vidarshana Munasinghe, Honorary Consul for Sri Lanka in Zurich, Switzerland. The festival...Read More...
The Sri Lankan parliamentary delegation headed by Hon. ( Dr.) Rajitha Senaratne, President of Sri Lanka-Palestine Parliamentary Friendship Association & Minister of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine, met with Dr. Riyad Al-Malki Minister of Foreign Affairs of Palestine. The delegation included...Read More...
The International Organization on Migration (IOM) has expressed readiness to further enhance its assistance to Sri Lanka, by providing training and capacity building support for the Ministries of Foreign Employment and Foreign Affairs, and to the Sri Lanka Foreign Employment Bureau (SLBFE). It was agreed...Read More...
- Sri Lanka Exports Marketed at SIAL Paris – An exceptional event at the very heart of the Agribusiness World
- First ever Sri Lanka - Cuba Business Forum concludes in Cuba on a successful note
- Sri Lanka on full show in Zurich, Switzerland
- Sri Lankan Parliamentary Delegation headed by Hon. Dr. Rajitha Senaratne meets with Minister of Foreign Affairs of Palestine
- IOM to extend assistance to Sri Lanka in training and capacity building
News From Other Media
Thumbs up for trade!
Monday 17th October 2016 Companies from Australia, France, Thailand, Switzerland, Pakistan and India had expressed interest in investing and starting joint ventures with Sri Lankan companies at the conclusion of the World Export Development Forum (WEDF) yesterday, which gave special focus to SMEs and fostering direct engagement between businesses, officials said yesterday. The companies focused on several sectors including apparel, organic coconuts and spices, hotel building and business process outsourcing. These were the concrete engagements that were announced by the International Trade Centre (ITC) that was the main organiser of WEDF. ITC will track the gains made from the forum...Read More...
SheTrades rings message of entrepreneurship
Monday 17th October 2016 A bell ringing ceremony was held at Colombo Stock Exchange yesterday to raise awareness about International Trade Centre’s (ITC) ‘SheTrades’ initiative, which seeks to connect one million women entrepreneurs to markets by 2020. The event was held in parallel with the World Export Development Forum (WEDF), organised by ITC in collaboration with Sri Lanka Export Development Board. Through the ‘SheTrades’ initiative, women entrepreneurs will have the ability to share information about their companies, to make them visible, expand networks, connect and internationalise. Speaking at the event, ITC Executive Director Arancha González said that women...Read More...
Nature comes to life on park safari
Saturday, 12th March 2016 By Ben Lerwill ( China Daily ) The Galle Clock Tower. [Photo by Ben Lerwill/China Daily] Spoiler alert: I didn't see any leopards. There. I've said it. I'd come on safari to Yala, the SriLankan national park renowned for having the world's highest concentration of leopards, butdespite spending upward of 10 hours rumbling through the park's forests and grasslands in ajeep, I didn't see a single spotted big cat. Not a tail. Not a whisker. You'd think at least one ofthe creatures might have sensed a nice photo opportunity and padded into a clearing for afew seconds. No. Leopards are many things, I learned, but they're not marketing-savvy....Read More...
IFFC to rejuvenate Lankan cinema
Tuesday, 13th October 2015 By Channa Bandara Wijekoon The stage is set for the second edition of the International Film Festival of Colombo (IFFC) to be held. The very first media briefing of the six-day gala event was held at Hilton amid the media, cinema fraternity and respective officials.Read More...
Film Festival: International Film Festival of Colombo 2015:
Sunday Observer: Sunday 11 October 2015 The promise of enlightenmentRead More...